Samsung printer won't print

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:33:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
> Fedora 16-i386
> Can't get Samsung printer to print, Error Log Messages below.
> Samsung CLX3170.

How did you install the printer?   With many Samsung printers now the
splix package will provide suitable opensource drivers that work.

I notice that one of your lines was:
 Started filter /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertosamsungsplc

In my system when I used the proprietary samsung files I had
rastertosamsungspl without the "c" on the end!

When I was using the proprietary files the only file from the samsung
provided package was that particular file that I installed into the
ppd directory and then the printer worked fine.  However nowadays I
simply install the splix package and the system recognises the printer
and it works without any fuss or bother.

You could check the splix site to see if the  CLX3170 printer is supported.

--
mike c