no internet connection with Fedora16

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 14 02:18:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 14:26 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> That's why I wish NM would stick to WiFi.

It's there to deal with changing networks, such as my laptop being
either wired or wireless, on any LAN, automatically.  And it does that
fine, for me.  To force it into only dealing with WiFi would make it
useless.

Where I can see Network Manager to be a pain is when users try to use a
badly set up LAN.  Such as, half using DHCP, then manually overriding
some of the settings sent out by the DHCP server (all those people
complaining about hosts or resolve.conf files being ignored - who should
really be customising their DHCP client, not directly messing with
networking settings).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686