Moodle on Fedora 16

Ester Muñoz Aparicio memunoz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:48:52 UTC 2012

El 14/01/12 05:41, edik landave escribió:
> Ester,
>
> On "And now, into the other question - using a subfolder in /home as the
> data folder for moodle.... I'll try to read some more, I think it has
> something to do with http not being allowed to show user directories,
> but we'll see."
>
> You would need to configure your apache config file with /home/moodle/
> instead of the default /var/www directory. After that you just chcon
> recursively the whole directory so it matches the selinux settings of
> /var/www.
>
> Regarding Roger's statement "Clients are more important". He's right not
> in the sense that a cutting edge system is problematic but in that you
> need stability & reliability. I would go with CentOS, Scientific Linux
> or Debian. Any of them have longer life & support than cutting edge systems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Edik

Thank you Daniel, Roger and Edik. I will try your suggestions as soon as
I can.

Regarding the "cutting edge thing", this is just my desktop machine, and
I love Fedora. The production server will be somewhere else and will not
be managed by me (it's a government training project). And surely it
won't be Fedora, they have very competent people there to take care of
it (most surely Red Hat server but it is not my decision). I only have a
development site so I can work locally on developing the materials, so
that when production is set up, we will already know what works for the
project and what not (I mean for the training).

I'll let you know how it goes.
Ester

--
Ester Muñoz Aparicio
C/ San Isidro 2 Urb. Altos del Cantal 11 - 04638 - Mojácar (Almería)