F16 problem with kernel updates on 64-bit

Jeremy Hall gcc.hall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 08:51:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

After an software update that has included a new kernel on my 64-bit
Fedora 16/XFCE machine, the latest kernel doesn't get used (uname -a
shows a previous kernel).

I couldn't see any obvious related errors in dmesg or
/var/log/messages, it may be a grub2 problem.

I tried swapping the top two entries in /boot/grub2/grub.cfg and the
latest kernel does then get loaded.
(It is then the second entry in the list).

The 32-bit machine I have does not exhibit this problem.

Is this a known issue, or something I need to fix on my box???

Thanks
Jeremy