f-16 Grub2 config. Problem -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jan 14 21:31:48 UTC 2012

On 01/14/2012 01:15 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>         It looks like changing "GRUB_DEFAULT=saved" to  "GRUB_DEFAULT=0"
>         in /etc/default/grub might work but if it doesn't I wont be able
>         to reboot to repair things, and then what will happen when a new
>         kernel come along? Problem is my ignorance ...
>
>                         GRUB_TIMEOUT=15

Not as long as you don't change the value of that parameter to 0.
Fifteen seconds is probably more than most people need (I find five
seconds to be ample.) to decide not to boot from the default and press a
key.  Once grub detects a keystroke, it waits for you to select a
kernel, do any editing you need and tell it to boot.