F-16/64 bit no sound -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jan 15 20:56:04 UTC 2012

            I have two hard drives, only one available sata connection.
            F-15 on the first drive has sound and works as expected with
            that drive plugged in. The new install of F-16 on the second
            drive has no sound, Alsa reports "no available device." As
            near as I can tell Pulseaudio is working but simply does not
            "see" the sound circuit, part of the motherboard.

            PAVC can only select "Dummy Output" in both the input and
            output device tabs. "Configuration" reports "No cards
            available for configuration."

            Can anyone help me troubleshoot this, I've been messing with
            this problem for a while and it always comes back to the "no
            available device" problem. I can apply inputs but get
            nothing out.

            Bob