Logitech MX Revolution Mouse Problems, wheel button

Anthony R Fletcher arif at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jan 16 14:49:42 UTC 2012

On 16 Jan 2012 at 06:24:07, John Horne wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 10:19 -0500, William M. Quarles wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently installed Fedora 15 after a long respite from Fedora 14, for
> > the first time in x86_64, and I was excited to see that I could finally
> > use the wheel button on my MX Logitech Revolution mouse as the "middle"
> > button for opening new tabs in Firefox and for instant select-copy-paste
> > (I'm not sure what the official name is for that feature, but I used to
> > love it). I don't think that the other more accessory buttons on the MX
> > Revolution used to work either, but now most of them do (namely Search,
> > Forward, and Back).
> >
> > **However, after my first session in Fedora 15, the wheel button stopped
> > working as the middle button.**
> >

> The middle button is then used (typically) for moving forward/backwards
> in web pages, while the left top button is used for 'copy', and the
> thumb button  (on the side) is used for paste. Needless to say, you can
> change this to your own requirements :-)
>
> To find out which buttons were producing an event I think I used
> something like 'xev'.

It works (mostly) out of the box for me on F15. I change the behaviour
of the middle button with the program 'revoco', available from
	http://goron.de/~froese/revoco

The readme.txt says:
Revoco v0.4 - Change the wheel behaviour of Logitech's MX-Revolution
mouse.

Usage:
  revoco free                      free spinning mode
  revoco click                     click-to-click mode
  revoco manual[=button[,button]]  manual mode change via button
  revoco auto[=speed[,speed]]      automatic mode change (up, down)

I do find that I have to reset the mouse from time to time to keep the
my required settings (ie. 'revoco click'), mostly when I charge
the mouse and it goes out of range.

			Anthony.