OT: bash script - unexpected exit

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Jan 16 21:59:51 UTC 2012

On 16Jan2012 19:57, Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
| On 16 January 2012 20:50, Kevin Martin <kevintm at ameritech.net> wrote:
| > put a 'set -x' in there so you can see what's happening during the execution.  It would be interesting to know what $line is getting
| > set to.  You may be surprised.
| >
| > Kevin
|
| Thanks for you help, Kevin. It doesn't display anything during first
| loop nor to the second. All I get is '+ read line'. But on the second
| loop it exits exactly after this line.

That is because it is seeing EOF from the pipe.
And that is because ssh has eaten all your input (it copies its input to
the remote command).
Use "ssh -n" or "ssh ..... </dev/null".

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Never precede any maneuver by a comment more predictive than "Watch this!"
        - Kent Polk kent at swrinde.nde.swri.edu