libreoffice paper size magic.

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Jan 17 03:35:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 09:24:06PM -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Spent all evening googling and stracing libreoffice, etc.
> Finally found how to make the miserable thing default
> to Letter rather than A4 paper size on startup, so I
> thought I'd let other Fedora users know :-).
>
> step 1:
>
> yum install libpaper
>
> step 2:
>
> echo Letter > /etc/papersize
>
> That's it. Finally the system wide default paper size
> for libreoffice is Letter rather than A4!

Hmm.... that's odd. I didn't have to do either of those things.
Just looked and both the printer default and document default paper
are US Letter. I don't recall having to do anything particularly
weird to make it happen, though it's probably been a couple months
(and I'm not as young as I used to be...).

I've got LO 3.4.4, what version are you using?