about authenticating a user through c programming

shreyas m shreyas080 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:56:16 UTC 2012

Hello,
         I am developing a c based application which needs authenticating
the user as a root- user. I'm wiling to provide the responsibility of
password verification to fedora os, as in the case of built in applications
such as NFS,HTTP. I would prefer a similar interface for authentication as
provided by NFS while opening it. Is there any possibility to do it? By
giving a link to a system related file or creating a file  in some location
so that when i open my application authentication of the root user should
be done in a similar way as that of NFS or HTTP.

Thank you very much
*Regards
Shreyas.M
*