f16 - Brain dead wireless network manager

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jan 17 20:27:44 UTC 2012

> We are developing a check list of things that are really needed.  Like
> clicking on an SSID to trigger a reconnect.

As long as you're working on a wish list, let me add one: it shouldn't
show any hotspots that aren't currently active unless you've connected
to them before.

I once connected my laptop to a motel's WiFi, in an area where there
were a large number of hotspots, but never tried to access any others.
The next time I turned my WiFi on, all of those old hotspots were
listed, even though I was about twenty miles from the closest.  I could
see still having the motel's, but why the rest?