f16 - Brain dead wireless network manager

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jan 17 21:09:34 UTC 2012

On 01/17/2012 12:52 PM, jdow wrote:
> Um, did you hibernate at the hotel and then start it up again when you got
> home? If you looked before doing a "find" I can see the information about
> the wireless points near the hotel lingering on your system.

No.  I don't use either hibernate or sleep, and it was over a month
later, after I'd used it several times while connected to my LAN by
ethernet.  And, in fact, it wasn't at home, which would have been much
further away; I tried to connect to WiFi from my room at the VA
hospital, but the only active connections there are protected, for
internal use only.  I had to delete all of the connections and have it
search again just to get rid of the phantoms.