Regarding SCTP features for kernel-2.6.32.27

Vishwas Dubey dubey.vishwas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:54:39 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I am currently using kernel-2.6.32.27, which does have support for SCTP.
Please, let me know if the following features are supported in this kernel:-

1) Is LKSCTP for kernel-2.6.32.27 stable ? Does it have any issues
pertaining to robustness ?
2) Hot stand-by redundancy (not multi-homing) - I want to have two
different SCTP instances running on two different cards and want that once
the primary card goes down, the second (or the redundant) card takes over
having the same context as the primary card such that the services provided
by the card does not get interrupted.
3) Dynamic addition of nodes during recovery from failure i.e. after the
redundant card has taken over the control in 2.
4) Provision for stream-level statistics.
5) Customization of IPv6 header parameters (HOPLIMIT and TCLASS) of
out-going SCTP packets (data and control chunks).

Thanks in advance.

Vishwas