Only desktop wallpaper after login F15

James Wilkinson fedora at
Wed Jan 18 20:38:20 UTC 2012

Freak Trick wrote:
> Is there a way I can skip Gnome and go directly into CLI (barring
> systemd). Win 98 had a wonderful feature that allowed direct entry
> into CLI by pressing F8 at boot and selecting appropriate option.
> Sadly neither XP nor Fedora seems to provide such an option.
(and surrounding text) tells you this, but you have to know that under
the old System V setup, runlevel 3 was the complete system *without* X
Windows and runlevel 5 was the complete system with X Windows (on
Fedora: other OSes used different numbers).

Hope this helps,

E-mail:     james@ | "[the computer] belonged to our Rabid NT Guy, and we | called it Kant partly because we were naming servers