LibreO. Calc problem saving to nfs -

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 18 21:24:15 UTC 2012

On 18Jan2012 12:54, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
|        I can't save, or even access, a file to nfs with Libreoffice
|        calc in this new F16/64 installation.
|
|        I can deal with files on this computer and transfer stuff via
|        sftp, etc. Can copy the calc data file from another computer to
|        calc here but can't copy/save calc to nfs!
|
|        LO Writer works normally with nfs files. Everything on the nfs
|        saver looks normal, just calc refuses to have anything to do
|        with files there.

Locking maybe? Does it emit an error message? Can you strace it around
the save operation?

  strace -p pid-of-libreo -o strace.out -e trace=file
  ... try to save ...
  ^c the strace
  look at failing system calls in strace.out

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Patent laws: made for the benefit of little inventors, opposed by little
inventors, pushed by big corporations. Something is quite wrong.
- http://slashdot.org/~marcello_dl