How to debug sleep problem?

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:21:29 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm having a problem getting a machine to sleep when I set an IR
receiver to allow to wake it.

# for x in USB0 USB2 US12 US15; do echo $x > /proc/acpi/wakeup
# echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup

When I make it sleep, all I get is black VT screen with a blinking
cursor. If I don't do either of the above commands, sleep works just
fine. I've already enable wake-from-USB in BIOS.

I've tried doing the same thing on my laptop and everything is working -
both sleep and wake from IR dongle.

So, how do I go about debugging this problem?

Thanks