Thank god for chkconfig still being somewhat workable in Fedora 16....

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:50:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Kevin Martin <kevintm at ameritech.net> wrote:
> I get that; what I don't get is how it even *sees* a  network.service
> service since there is no network.service file in /lib/systemd/system
> (unless it's as a result of my making the network available in runlevel3
> when I did the "chkconfig --level 3 network on" command...)

I think what you're confused about is how systemd deals with legacy
SysV init files.

Yes, there is no "physical" network.service file. I don't know what
exactly it is, but to call it something, it's a "virtual" service file
that SystemD creates for every legacy SysV init file. So any file in
/etc/init.d get's a virtual .service equivalent.

Richard