Looking for beautiful themes, application settings, fonts, etc. (KDE)

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:11:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I'll state the obvious, despite your comment about JPEGs (because their
> content can disguise this), it can still be an issue, and is easily
> overlooked when changing a monitor:

I agree.  I appreciate your input in this regard.

> Is X running at the right size for your monitor (the screen height and
> width in pixels),

Yes.  I'm using a Dell U3011, running at 2560x1600, its native resolution.

 and using the right resolution (dots per inch) for the
> correct generation of graphics (including text).

Now this I didn't think of and it could entirely be the issue.

What should it be set to and where would I set it ?  (xorg.conf ?)

And the wrong resolution results in poor text
> rendering, which deliberately fuzzes the edges of fonts to hide the poor
> resolution of monitors (giving you smoother, instead of jagged edges).

This sounds like exactly my problem.