Operating a laptop when closed. Disabling the lid switch ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:05:46 UTC 2012

I'd like to run my new laptop with the lid closed.   I'm using
external displays and keyboard, mouse, etc.   When its at my desk, I
only want to use it as a processing unit.

How do I disable the lid switch from putting it into sleep mode ?

The following outlines how to prevent the lid switch from initiating a
wakeup, but how does one set it up so that it doesn't initiate a sleep
?

The following talks about acpi events and actions, but I don't see a
script for sleeping upon lid closed, so where does it happen in
F16/KDE ?

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid

Thanks !