systemd broken for key servcies in F16

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jan 19 20:20:27 UTC 2012

On 01/19/2012 08:12 AM, Terry Polzin wrote:
> OK to ntpd wans't installed by default, that's just silly.

So is turning off rsyslog, but "upgrading" to F16 is known to do that,
sometimes.  And, when I reported it as a bug, the response from the devs
was equivalent to "We don't care."  One would think that the logical
thing to do would be to start off by getting a list of all services
installed along with their boot status and making sure that things end
up with the same services enabled (or disabled) as before.  I'm sure the
devs had a reason for not doing this, but I find it hard to believe that
if I knew what it was I'd agree.