[ why i do not like base64]

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 19 22:09:23 UTC 2012

On 01/19/2012 12:56 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 03:52 +0000, g wrote:
>> NISM ??
>
> I have no idea what that abbreviation refers to,
-=-

NISM = "Need I Say More"

> but the (obvious) spam (simply by looking at the list of recipients)
-=-

this is true. because it was sent to a 'tsl' also.

viewing "source", "header" can be read, but not able to read "body"
because of 'base64'.

to view "body", opened as 'email'. saw link. thought. what the heck.
possible a subscriber messed up. wondered what. clicked link.

using firefox and NoScript, running firewall, rkhunter,
backed up. why not.

firefox displayed a "404". i broke link.

> you replied to was not received as base64 encoded, here.
-=-

that is because it has enigmail sig. note "source" of this post.

> Nor should it really be a problem.  Only the most ancient or
> dysfunctional mail clients would not be able to handle base64 encoded
> messages.
-=-

what email client in 'view source' mode, show "body" as readable
ascii when email is 'base64'.

>  And, I dare say, the same derision should be applicable to
> anything else that *handles* mail for you.
-=-

deride depends on answer to above question. ;)

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**