Operating a laptop when closed. Disabling the lid switch ?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Jan 20 01:19:36 UTC 2012

On 01/19/2012 05:02 PM, Pete Travis wrote:

> I hope this isn't considered thread hijacking, but can anyone offer a
> DE-agnostic method of disabling/managing suspend? I have been
> experimenting with a wyse client, and while its much easier to boot from
> USB or LAN than hack the locked onboard storage, it doesn't handle
> suspend well.  Ill start a new thread if needed, but it seems in scope.

  You could try edit the polkit file:

    /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy

  And find suspend/hibernate section and change active=yes to no.

  I have not tried this and it may get replaced by a  polkit update - I
am not sure if there is an alternative local override (like
/etc/polkit/actions/foo.upower.policy or something ... polkit experts?

  gene/