systemd broken for key servcies in F16

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 20 01:44:27 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 13:23 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 12:39 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> > if you are upgrading a machine and not take a look
> > wwhat services are running / enabled it's time for
> > you to learn doing things right
>
> I've upgraded Fedora several times and never, until now, have I had the
> slightest difficulty with services being disabled.  And, IMAO, checking
> to make sure you have the same services running after an upgrade as you
> did before is simply common prudence if the upgrade includes a
> completely new booting system.
----
yeah but in your previous upgrades of Fedora, none of them involved a
significant transition from SysV initscripts to something else (in this
case systemd).

Harald has a point... a one-shot upgrade doesn't necessarily justify the
developers time to migrate each/every setting from sysv to systemd but
this is a participatory OS and if you feel it is lacking, feel free to
offer your time and energy to script the migration or otherwise
recognize that you are just whining which apparently doesn't even give
you catharsis.

Craig

believed to be clean.