glxgear and glxinfo confusion

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 08:08:48 UTC 2012

Dear All

I've Dell Latitiude E5620 Laptop with intel HD 3000 graphics card [1],
According glxinfo [2] that direct rendering is enabled but glxgear[3]
output shows very low FPS

is there anything wrong with Xorg configuration on my laptop ???  if
direct rendering is enabled then FPS should (must) be higher then 1000
FPS ..is it ??

[1]------ lshw -C video
*-display
        product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
Graphics Controller
        vendor: Intel Corporation
        physical id: 2
        bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
        version: 09
        width: 64 bits
        clock: 33MHz
        capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
        configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
        resources: irq:45 memory:e1400000-e17fffff
memory:d0000000-dfffffff ioport:4000(size=64)

[2]-----glxinfo | grep render

glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
     GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_NV_conditional_render,

[3]------ glxgears

Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
299 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.736 FPS
299 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.724 FPS
300 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.842 FPS
299 frames in 5.0 seconds = 59.645 FPS