[ why i do not like base64]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 21 12:51:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 16:31 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> be careful with rewrite mailbody
> this will break all sorts of signed mails

Though that problem exists, anyway, even if you do nothing.  Because
mail comes to you through more than one server, any of which may
transform an email in transit.

A /smart/ system might leave signed messages alone.  Though I have my
doubts if anybody's thought to do that.  Some servers are notorious for
mangling message content, particularly list servers that will add their
own footers to them.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686