issues with dracut

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jan 21 15:19:52 UTC 2012

On 01/21/2012 02:36 AM, Scott van Looy wrote:
> I had some problems with dracut on my server, upgrading kernels led to a "non fatal" error when using yum, which was dracut not writing out an initramfs, in turn making my server unbootable. Non fatal it was not.

Interesting.  From my experience on my laptop, it's quite possible to
boot F16 without an initramfs.  In fact, it boots faster.  However, if
you try to install a new kernel when you've booted that way, you'll get
a fatal error from grubby, and the new kernel won't be added to
grub.cfg.  What version of Fedora are you running?