Exceedingly slow KDE remote X apps ? (ssh -X, D-Bus errors)

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:30:43 UTC 2012

I updated our server (i5, 8 GB, F16-KDE-64) from F16-32 last week.

Previously remote X apps (ie ssh -X me at server) were fast.    Now they
are exceedingly slow.

ping server shows a very fast response time and no missing packets.

The client computer is i7, 16 GB, F16-64, KDE.

Any ideas on why remote X window apps are slow ?  (ie dolphin,
konqueror, etc.)  These same apps run fine directly on the server.

The only hint I got is the first time I ran an app on the remote session I get
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.

That message does not appear on any subsequent runnings.

Thanks !