printing landscape -- hp laserjet p3005dn, hp lasejet color 2600n

gary artim gartim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 01:30:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> On 01/24/2012 09:00 AM, gary artim wrote:
>> Ed I tried libreoffice, firefox. both behave the same, prints a lopped
>> off portrait image when printing landscape. I have a 2055 hp and it
>> prints fine, just the p3005dn and 2600n, both hp's do this.
>
> Well, I don't have those printers....
>
> If you run system-config-printer do you see any differences in the
> settings that may explain things?  How about under "Job Options",
> "Orientation"?   Set to Automatic?

will check tomorrow when I get in the office. I've been using cups
(localhost:631) or lpadmin to config the printer, maybe I should stay
clear of these? and use system-config-printer. at a lose as to what is
happening. could be i need to set debugging in cups to see whats
what...I havent tested with enscript to see if its apps related..g.