Moodle on Fedora 16

Ester Muñoz Aparicio memunoz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:16:08 UTC 2012

>> As an aside, My daughter developed a Moodle site for a school project and
>> wants her school to move to Moodle but they are fixated on something called
>> a VLA, which is not a patch on Moodle and has few if any of Moodle's
>> capabilities.

That is very nice! I have worked in eLearning since 98, and Moodle has
been my favourite platform from the OpenSource ones since it's been
available. OF course I have to offer different solutions to my clients,
some just will not install OpenSource (don't ask, I have no idea why
would they have such a requirement), others just say "we want platform
X, you build it" but I always offer Moodle as a safe choice.

>> Please let us know how you are progressing.
>> Roger

Well, no progress. I haven't had the time. And now I need to finish my
first course in the local Moodle to be able to show it, so the data
folder it is still located under /var. In some point when I have time
-or a full partition, whichever comes first- , I'll try again to move it
to /home

Thanks to all
Ester