Invoking a client side process from server side

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 24 12:02:55 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 05:25 PM, shreyas m wrote:
> I am developing a c based client server application which enables the
> system administrator to install applications in the client machines
> from the server itself.Now i want the server side component(process)
> to send a signal to activate a client side process.(ie, the client
> side process should start running on receiving the signal from server
> side).Should the client side process be registered to client side os?
> If yes how to do that? Please help me out..
> Thanking you
> -- /
> /

Well, if you want to start a process on the "client" side by sending a
"signal" then you need something listening on the "client" side for the
"signal".   Maybe you want to use xinetd on the "client" side.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis