Printer not working

Terry Polzin foxec208 at wowway.com
Tue Jan 24 16:46:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 09:23 -0700, Lawrence Graves wrote:

> On 01/24/2012 09:16 AM, Terry Polzin wrote:

> > > Brother MFC-J615W It goes through the gymnastics of printing but never
> > > reach the printer itself. I have un-installed and re-installed and on
> > > a recent thread include the troubleshoot results. Thanks for your
> > > concern and response.

I found these rpms buried on a brother site mfcj280wcupswrapper
mfcj280wlpr after a google search of your model name and ppd

The mfcj280wlpr is a prereq for the jfcj280wcupswrapper which contains
the ppd file.  I really think that the ppd would be all you would need
just manually specify the ppd file rather than choose the driver.

Also, did you try a generic postscript driver as well?