glxgear and glxinfo confusion

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Jan 24 18:51:31 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 07:12 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 11:58 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:

>> I've always considered them the video equivalent of the audiophule,
>
> Was that a mispelling of audiofile, or a joke of audio+fool?  ;-)

It's a term I've seen a number of times over the years on UseNet to
describe the type of fool who really thinks that he can hear the
difference expensive cables can make when the quality of the amplifier,
the speakers and, most important, the recording itself are far more
important.  It's an example of something I've seen many times: people
who think that throwing money at a problem is always the solution.  That
is, they're an audiophule not an audiophile.