Where's the "alternative status menu"

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 12:40:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 21:15 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Is it just me, or has the alternative status menu Gnome extension has been
> broken for at least several months now. The shutdown option is nowhere to be
> found on any machine I have the Gnome desktop running and the extension
> installed.

Remove the package from your system and instead browse to
extensions.gnome.org and enable it there. This allows individual
desktops to enable extensions on their own, rather than requiring them
for all users. (Though I do feel it would be nice to have the ability to
install some extensions for all users).