Gnome 3 session seems to swamp Xorg since update

Hugh Caley hcaley at rocketsoftware.com
Wed Jan 25 19:56:08 UTC 2012

Received an update to the kmod-nvidia driver this morning.  Since then
every time I run a Gnome 3 session the X server gets very slow until it
stops responding altogether. Xfce doesn't seem to have this problem.

I'm not sure what to do about it.  There doesn't seem to be an earlier
kmod-nvidia that I can downgrade to.

And I'm actually a little confused about how this works.  I got a new
kernel yesterday; how is it that X worked properly before I got the
matching kmod-nvidia today?

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley