Unable to update/upgrade Fedora-16 due to yum Transaction error

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 27 19:12:09 UTC 2012

Am 27.01.2012 20:07, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 01/27/2012 08:42 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> so tell him "yum --nogpgcheck upgrade" because this is temporary, tell
>> people disable it per option will mostly result in permanently disabled
>
> I don't know about anybody else, but I had the impression that this was exactly
> what he was suggesting.  And, if you really want to be careful about it, use this
> command to upgrade *only* the problem package.

without EXPLICIT warning that it is generally not a good idea and
why tjhere may be enough uneducated users who starts thinking
"well if something does not run disbale gpgcheck is a solution"

a fc17 package has nothing to search in a F16 setup and so there
should be no single help to install it with any workaround

this package has to be reported as a bug and not forced
to be updated with or without gpgcheck