Unable to update/upgrade Fedora-16 due to yum Transaction error

Kaushik Guha adi11bgsg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 05:11:27 UTC 2012

Agreed Friends,about the comments.
I request you people,not to make a war of words amongst each other.
I Thank very much to: Reindl Harald;
                                Kevin Martin;
                                Joe Zeff ;for the valuable suggestions
given by you.
I did uncheck/disable the Fedora "Rawhide" repos.,along with all the
"Test Updates" repos. from Fedora using "Apper"(A fantastic Tool).

MY UPDATE/UPGRADE problem has been solved( ~95 %).I mean after
unchecking some package tools from the update list,my UPDATE/UPGRADE
was SUCCESSFUL.

The only gripe being I can't update "vlc",which is available in the list .

What about the "ATrpms" repositories? I've disabled it
earlier...should I enable it?

The dependency problem and repository configuration is a headache in
this overall Best,stable,solid "FEDORA 16" Linux distro.

-kaushik