Unable to update/upgrade Fedora-16 due to yum Transaction error

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 15:23:46 UTC 2012

On 28/01/12 15:06, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 28.01.2012 15:22, schrieb Frank Murphy:
>> On 28/01/12 14:10, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> nobody knows where the repo "_local" lives
>>
>> locate local.conf
>> the path is listd in there.
>
> really? :-)

less of the smartarse. please.

  > /etc/fonts/conf.avail/51-local.conf
> /etc/fonts/conf.d/51-local.conf

I dont believe the tread was about a font problem?

> /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf

modprobe problem? huumh.

local.conf in the yum plugind dir possible, I 'll guess there.

> anf if you meant "local.repo" ->  this does not exist as default
> nor is there any rule saying the repo-file is named exactly
> like the repo-name

That is true, _local.repo is created by by yum-plugin-local
but only after local.conf (installed by yum-plugin-local)
has been used at least once.
Why it is named as such is explained in _local.repo

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy, friend of fedoraproject
UTF_8 Encoded