Opening ssh window on prescribed desktop

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jan 28 14:54:20 UTC 2012

I'm running Fedora-16/KDE .
I'm not sure if this is a Fedora question, or a KDE question.

But I can create a script to open an ssh window on a remote machine,
by right-clicking on the f-icon, and choosing Edit Applications ...
There I create a New Item, with instructions to run "ssh -Y alfred-vpn",
opening a terminal window for this purpose.

That still works fine.
But I used to be able to right-click on the bar at the top of the ssh page,
go to Advanced, and there specify which desktop
I wanted the window to open in.

This facility seems to have disappeared.

As an alternative, is there any option I can give to ssh (or any command)
to say that I want it to run eg in Desktop 5?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net