Unable to update/upgrade Fedora-16 due to yum Transaction error

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 28 22:01:09 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 21:41 +0530, Kaushik Guha wrote:
> To Aaron Konstan: Well, "apper" is the actual name represented as per
> Fedora16,now  this user's community gmail space is not for programming
> as we all know,I think, typos,lower-upper case letter mixing, doesn't
> affect much.Though you are correct that we should be true about
> information & facts.
I don't want to be a pain about this. But part of this list is designed
to inform thingws about Fedora that they may not know. Linux is case
sensitive so that calling the program Apper adds the confusion of the
list members who are trying to find the function.

Another gotcha of this program comes from the fact that it is a KDE
program. If you try to use the Add and Remove option under Gnome it
tries to remove a program. Can you guess what program it tries to
remove? If you guessed apper you win the prize.
Chicago law prohibits eating in a place that is on fire.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net