Troubleshooting upnp and dlna

Khairil Yusof khairil.yusof at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 01:04:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just installed F16 and there is an issue I don't know how to
troubleshoot and couldn't find answers easily on Google.

My media applications can't seem to see upnp devices on my local
network. There are two providers, my phone (dlna provider), home
server (dlna provider). TV which is a dlna media player, can detect,
list and play from both these devices. Banshee on an Ubuntu PC on same
network can also see the DAAP share. So there is at least a working
configurations on the same network. The TV can't see media shared by
rygel either.

Is there something blocking upnp discovery and sharing on FC? Could it
be some sort of network misconfiguration that FC is picky about?

Any help on how to troubleshoot upnp discovery in Fedora would be much
appreciated.

Regards