Virtual machine => Physical machine - fix screen resolution?

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 29 22:41:59 UTC 2012

I have a Scientific Linux machine that does not recognize my monitor. I had
to add (at least) this to the xorg.conf file:
Section "Monitor"
     Identifier     "Monitor0"
     VendorName     "Unknown"
     ModelName      "CRT-0"
     HorizSync       30.0 - 74.6
     VertRefresh     60.0
     ModeLine       "1920x1200" 193.16 1920 2048 2256 2592 1200 1201 1204 1242
-hsync +vsync
     Option         "dpms"
EndSection

{^_^}