after yum plugin?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jan 31 02:39:43 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 03:05 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> On 1/26/2012 3:23 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:42:54 +0200
>> Panu Matilainen wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds like 'yum-plugin-post-transaction-actions' package is what
>>> you're
>>> looking for.
>> Yep, even found actual documentation for it once I knew what
>> to search for. Thanks!
>
> This is something I can use ... thanks for bring the question up on
> this list
>
> Paul

Well, I thought about using it...but decided to stick with my scripts.

I'm not sure if it would be the same for everyone, but it seems that
most (all) of my post yum actions result in mucking the packages such
that the benefit of the Presto plugin is negated.  This, for example,
necessitates a full download of libreoffice-core.  So, my scripts put
stuff back the way it needs to be to keep Presto happy.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis