Transfer from Linux to Windows 7 (Filename Encoding)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:27:51 UTC 2012

On 01/31/2012 02:21 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> I need to transfer some files (with spanish accented characters on their
> name) from Linux (where I use iso-8859-1) to Windows 7 but I'm having
> problems at the Windows 7 side

I just tried copying the files to "Windows XP" and I see the files
perfectly fine (without any conversion).  It seems XP used cp1252 (aka
windows-1252) where there's almost a one to one relationship with
iso-8859-1 (I think it just differs on some non-printable characters)
but apparently Win7 uses UTF16 :(

--
Jorge