No subject

Mon Jan 30 16:48:31 UTC 2012

two ways for mdraid arrays to get started.

=E2=80=A2 The mdraid UUIDs can be passed on the kernel boot command line. =
grub2-=20
mkconfig is responsible for building the kernel boot command line, and =20
setting up grub.cfg. The kernel finds the mdraid UUIDs listed on its comm=
and =20
line, and starts the arrays.

=E2=80=A2 The mdraid UUIds are also enumerated in /etc/mdadm.conf, which =
finds its =20
way into initramfs. Even if the UUIDs were not listed on the boot command =20
line and the arrays don't get started by the kernel itself, the mdraid_st=
art =20
script in initramfs should start them anyway.

It appears that mdraid_start in initramfs is not reliable. I didn't bothe=
r =20
wasting time trying to figure out what's broken in that short script, =20
because after fixing the grub command line, so that the kernel itself bri=
ngs =20
up all the arrays itself, I never had any further raid start failures at =20
boot time.

--=_mimegpg-monster.email-scan.com-22188-1329359904-0002

--=_mimegpg-monster.email-scan.com-22188-1329359904-0002--