No subject

Mon Jan 30 16:48:31 UTC 2012

see both grub and grub2 directories in /boot.  The grub2 dir looks set
up, but when booting grub/grub.conf is accessed, and it points to the
preupgrade "kernel" which no longer exists.  I tried setting
grub/grub.conf so that at least the system would boot, but I can't
figure out how to set the "root=3D" option.  Using what's in grub2 does
not work, nor does any of many things I've tried (it's /dev/sda2, and
presumably VolGroup00-LogVol01, but nothing like that works).  So, I'm
dead in the water as well.