using cdrdao

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 06:18:35 UTC 2012

Just for fun, I thought I would try to run cdrdao to burn
a .bin file (via a .cue file):

$ cdrdao write --overburn --device /dev/sg1 --driver generic-mmc 'Into
The Unknown.2.cue'
Cdrdao version 1.2.3 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas at daneb.de>
Into The Unknown.2.cue:1: Warning, ignoring CDTEXTFILE...
/dev/sg1: Slimtype DVD A  DS8A1P    Rev: CH71
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC - Version 2.0 (options 0x0000)

Starting write at speed 24...
Pausing 10 seconds - hit CTRL-C to abort.
Process can be aborted with QUIT signal (usually CTRL-\).
WARNING: No super user permission to setup real time scheduling.
Turning BURN-Proof on
Enabling JustSpeed.
Executing power calibration...
Power calibration successful.

The bin file size is 771573600 bytes.
After almost 30 minutes, the drive is still spinning at high speed,
drive light flashes on and off, and no other messages are being
emitted.

At 24X write speed, it should not take this long.
There are no error messages in /var/log/messages.