Gnome-rdp (re-post)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 2 05:15:33 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 10:08 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I can also tell you that I have installed Window 2003 Server and added the role of
> "Terminal Server".  The Windows 2003 is running in a Virtual Box VM with the VM
> network adapter *Bridged* to the network adapter of meimei (F16).

OK....  I have installed Windows 2008 Server in a VM.   I simply did an "Enable
Remote Desktop" from the "Initial Configuration Tasks".  I didn't "Add roles" since
that seemed not necessary according to the prompts when I started doing that.

I only used IP addresses since I didn't want to put that system in my DNS.
192.168.0.184 is the IP address it was assigned via DHCP.

[egreshko at meimei ~]$ telnet 192.168.0.184 3389
Trying 192.168.0.184...
Connected to 192.168.0.184.
Escape character is '^]'.

I then used Remmina on my F16 box (meimei) to connect.  Everything worked 100%.

So, to me, that confirms a configuration issue at your end.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage