Network Install

Celso Viana celso.vianna at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:42:00 UTC 2012

2012/7/2 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com>:
> On 07/02/2012 11:13 AM, Celso Viana wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> FC17 does not exist in the installation option "askmethod." how we can
> install it via network?
>
> That does sound like a mistake, but I know that the network install CD
> definitely works as I have used it for both a fresh install and to update
> from 16. Due to the changes made to the Linux directory usage from Fedora 16
> to 17 I'd recommend this method.
>
> All credit to the Fedora 17 team, I have it working well on a PC and a
> Netbook. I would like to see some tools to simplify grub2 configuration, but
> that's not a problem, it's just a little bit more complicated to configure
> grub2.
>
> cpp4ever
>

> --

Versions prior to FC17, using the "askmethod" worked very well.
Started up the machine with the netinstall CD and typed at the prompt:
boot: linux askmethod. After you choose the media source (if NFS)
anaconda was already loaded on the remote machine (I think) and I
could eject the CD and to install another machine. In FC17'm using:
boot: linux repo = nfs: 192.168.1.1 :/ fedora. It works, but can not
remove the media from the CD / DVD, which is too bad because 30 medias
need installation.

Thanks

--
Celso Vianna