Can DHCP deamon expire leases "lazily"?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:08:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:18:08 +0930
Tim wrote:

> If they keep time so badly, you might want to play around with NTP
> servers forcing the clock back into sync, quite often.

This is with NTP - you should see how bad they are without it :-).

I found a complicated whitepaper on the vmware web site that
discussed all the different kinds of emulated clocks and how
different kernels would fail with different clocks in an
emulated environment, and I followed all the recommendations
in that paper, but some of the machine are so horrible it
didn't help much.

I'll probably just collect a list of the problem machines and
make them static.