Is Gnome becoming a Microsoft project?

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 07:58:04 UTC 2012

On 07/04/2012 08:29 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:

> Java lovers answer me why am I having problems running Java applets
> like internet banking in my Firefox on Fedora if it's so superior
> and very well supported environment?

Probably because you haven't told us about them.

Banking applets are particularly problematic because they tend to be
unavailable to developers who don't happen to be customers of that
bank.  Also, banking applets are often deliberately obfuscated.
Having said that, we will try to make them work if we can.

Finally, and people are often surprised by this, applets are not part
of the Java SE platform: the browser plugin is an entirely independent
component that's not part of OpenJDK.

Andrew.